KISS Sidewinder mCCR
Sidemount rebreathers have historically taken on the form factor of a sidemount open circuit tank. While this design attempts to mimic the streamlining of a sidemount cylinder, often hydrosta
tic work of breathing issues result if the unit isn't perfectly rigged and mounted. Even when it is, the work of breathing is only optimal when in certain diving positions.
The KISS Sidewinder rebreather solves these issues by splitting the canisters on the diver's left and right sides. These are connected by one 8-liter counterlung, which spans across the diver's back. The
KISS Sidewinder Specs: result is a super clean, streamlined configuration which provides excellent work of breathing in most diving orientations.
- Depth rating: 300 fsw / 91 msw
- Scrubber Type: bi-axial design
- Scrubber Capacity: 6.2 lbs. with Molecular 797 Grade (812 Mesh) Sofnolime.
- Weight: Complete with BOV, harness and wing (minus tank and sorb) 21-lbs. / 9.5 kg.
The KISS Sidewinder does not include:
- Since most sidemount divers already own a sidemount harness they like, the Sidewinder does not include a sidemount harness or wing.
- Oxygen tank
- Pressure gauges
- Diluent/Bailout regulator(s) and tanks